Saturday, December 8, 2012


THE TRANSPLANT IS OFF 
Late this afternoon, while we were packing for the hospital(I was 
scheduled to go Friday morning for the transplant), the team called and 
notified us that the transplant has been canceled because the donor has a permanent medical  issue that had not been disclosed. 
The transplant team discovered it today during the final preparations. 
The donor just really wanted to be a donor, and meant well. 

My transplant doctor is flying to Atlanta tomorrow morning for a conference where my chemotherapy oncologist already is- 
they have ordered some more of the chemotherapies I was on until last week, for the weekend, and they are going to give me as much chemotherapy as they can, for as long as they can. 
We are going to get some radiation for my fingers on my right  hand, and we will just hope for the condition of my face and arm to not deteriorate too rapidly. 
We are also going to try to get me into a study for a new experimental drug.

Please do not be sad or angry or frustrated, 
I have had some extra "good" time, and we all must be grateful for that. 
Who knows, another donor might show up before it is too late. 
If you haven't gotten tested to be a stem cell/bone marrow donor, now is a good time! 
Imagine how you felt hearing that I lost my donor, imagine how my daughter and I feel, tell your loved ones, your acquaintances, how important it is for people to register.
I almost got a chance at more time, imagine if everyone was a donor, I would have multiple donors waiting and this would just be a momentary glitch.

 PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK, PLEASE ASK EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO REGISTER AS A POTENTIAL DONOR, LET'S SAVE A LOT OF LIVES!, MAYBE MINE! 
I need a donor and so do many other folks.


I probably have at least 3-6 months of decent time, let's be happy.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my dear.
    I hope the love and caring that so many feel for you can wrap you gently and warmly the way you wrap your daughter in your love.
    Posting link to bone marrow drives on newly functional fb acct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always in my heart, my Dearie, and today, you are wrapped tight and warm, centered amongst all the other people that I love, in all their warmth as well.

    Too full to speak this moment, so moire non,

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, get to FB- even if it is just for me!

      Delete